Google Translator

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Birthday Card & Template

 

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Birthday Card & Template...


Some of you have asked for a tutorial, but since I really need to start working on my daughter's 1st bday invites, I decided to give you the template instead. I made this card last night as I was trying to redo the dimensions on the template so that the card would be able to fit in a regular sized envelope.

Here is the inside of the card.

This is the template for the card. I think it is called a Double Display Card. Like I mentioned before, I altered the measurements so that the card would fit in a regular envelope. The final size of this card when folded is 4" x 5 1/2". The one I made for Michelle had to be placed in a 5" x 7" envelope since the size of that card was a 4" x 6".
First, score the long side of your 5 1/2" x 12" card stock at 2", 4", 8", & 10". Then go back and score it at 1", 5", 7", & 11" (1" deep). Turn the card stock and score the opposite side at the same dimensions.
Next, cut from the end of the 1" scoreline to the end of the 5" scoreline (dotted lines in template). Then cut from the end of the 7" scoreline to the end of the 11" scoreline (dotted lines in template). Turn your cardstock and repeat on the opposite side.
Measurements for the DSP are as follows...
Top DSP Size: 7/8" x 10 7/8" (cut at 10", 9 1/8", 7 1/4", 6 3/8", 4 1/2", 3 5/8", 1 3/4", & 7/8").
Middle DSP Size: 3 3/8" x 11 3/8" (cut at 9 1/2", 7 5/8", 3 3/4", & 1 7/8").
Bottom DSP Size: same as the top DSP.
Note: keep them in the order that you cut it.

This from Sweet as a gumdrop blog and you can find more HERE

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!!
    That is amazing Lynn!
    I love it...I so want to give it a try...hmmmmmm....maybe...LOL
    TFS {{hug}}

    ReplyDelete

Basic color wheel

Basic color wheel

Virtual Kitty