Google Translator

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Border Rounder by Wickedly Wonderful Creations

More things of fun can be found HERE at Wickedly Wonderful Creations

How'd You DO That??? Border Rounder!

After having posted my creations for the Control Freaks Tour the other night I have received multiple requests to show you HOW I made the border punch work in a circle ... so here goes nothin'!! I just recently learned how to do this myself, thanks to a Technique Lover's Challenge over on SCS. So I decided to pass it along to all you good people ...
First, punch a strip of paper using your favorite border punch. (I usually start with an 11" strip ... sometimes I need the whole thing, sometimes I only use part, and sometimes I need TWO strips ... it just depends on the size of your circle/oval).

Next, snip triangular-shaped notches from the bottom edge of your strip ...

Then, using a term I am borrowing from my many years of sewing, "ease" the strip into a more rounded shape (it's kinda like scrunching/"forcing" the straight piece to go all curvy!) ...

Add adhesive to the back edge of your circle, and attach your edge piece as shown. Take your time and let the paper have its way ... it'll eventually "bend" to your will (and the will of the adhesive!)!
Finally, add any additional punched strips, as needed, to complete the circle. Ta-DA!! That's it!! And, as you can see from my sample, I "double-dipped" ... couldn't resist adding a second Border Rounder (which is kind of a dumb name, but I think it pretty much describes what you are doing!!)

5 comments:

  1. Great Tutorial.. The card is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial I'm going to have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did that at 3:14 a.m.!!! Your blog site is beautiful. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great tutorial. Can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHat a great idea! Thanks for sharing this tutorial! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Basic color wheel

Basic color wheel

Virtual Kitty